We appreciate that runners come to our club for a variety of reasons, and for those that are seeking personal improvement at race events, as a form of added motivation we have introduced Club Standards.
These provide runners with a fair comparison of their running achievements across age and sex, since they use age-grading, which you will likely have seen if you've ever done parkrun.
Our standards are based on the following percentages of the latest WMA tables:
Gold A: 75%
Gold B: 70%
Silver A: 65%
Silver B: 60%
Bronze A: 55%
Bronze B: 50%
To qualify, you need to equal or better the standard time for your age and sex, over races at any of the following distances: 5km (excluding parkrun), 5 miles, 10km, 10 miles, half marathon, marathon.
To find your standard times, select your age and sex in the table at the following link: https://sites.google.com/view/bbhstandards/home
To submit a time, please complete the form at this link (one form for each race): https://forms.gle/amE6moJ2WKC2BzPw7
Club Standard Awards November 2019
Diamond (performances at 80% age grade and over) (CERTIFICATE)
- her performance of 19:30 at the Wroxham 5k in May this year, Amelia Webber
Gold A (75% to 80%) - two runners have reached this standard: (CERTIFICATE)
- recording a time of 39:51 at Race 3 of the Bungay 10k Summer Series - Lauren Howe
- running 35:28 at the Wortwell 5 Miler, Lynn Emmett
Gold B (70% to 75%) (CERTIFICATE)
- Gary Howe at the Bungay 10k
- Matt Webber at the Wroxham 5k
- Andy Buck achieving Gold B at two distances, at the Norfolk Gazelles 5k Championship Relay and the East Coast 10k
- Ewan Winzor-Saile at the Norfolk Gazelles 5k Championship Relay
- Judy Potter achieving Gold B at two distances, at the Bungay 10k and for the 5k distance at the Ekiden Relays
The Silver A standard is for performances at between 65% up to 70% and there have been 16 performances by 11 different members at this level. Silver B is for 60% to 65%, then Bronze A is 55% to 60% and Bronze B is 50% to 55%. There have been a total of 138 performances by 68 different members that have achieved Bronze B or above in the seven months since the start of the season, so we won't read them all out now! But we will make these available for you to see. Achieving a Bronze is no mean feat in itself, so well done to all of our runners!
Of particular note, a number of members have demonstrated good performances across a range of distances. The following runners have achieved Silver and above at at least three different distances:
- Anthony Sinden at the triple of 5k, 5 miles and 10k
- David Hogg at the triple of 5k, 5 miles and 10k
- Judy Potter at the triple of 5k, 5 miles and 10k
- Mark Hurren at the triple of 5k, 5 miles and 10k
- Simon Skinner at the triple of 5k, 5 miles and 10k
- Lindsay Black at 5 miles, 10k and half marathon
Particularly well done to Ewan Winzor-Saile and Jonathan Puxley, for achieving at least Silver standard at 4 races, both achieving this at 5k, 5 miles, 10k and half marathon.